7 anxiety relief strategies for any situation
Millions of people deal with anxiety every day. Here are 7 simple strategies that have helped us deal with those inevitable episodes of anxiety.
- Remember that the voice in your head isn't you. This voice, the inner-roommate, will always find something to complain about so why not take a step back and observe it for what it really is instead of letting it run the show?
- Change up your surroundings. Take a walk or a drive, take a nap. Do something that changes up your routine. Something active is always a good way to cheer up and get endorphins flowing.
- Drink some water. Dehydration can manifest in the form of anxiety so keep that water handy and stay hydrated!
- Use an affirmation. Affirmations can be powerful mood regulators. Repeat "I am still as the morning water" to yourself a few times.
- Meditate. Take 20 minutes to sit alone in silence. After the first 15 minutes that inner-voice will settle down and you can achieve a sense of tranquility and stillness.
- Write a thank you note. Even if you don't end up sending it, write a message to someone you are grateful for and tell them why.
- Look for evidence supporting the cause of this anxiety . Can you express what you worried about and is there any evidence to back up that concern? If there's no evidence, maybe your brain is trying to trick you into being anxious for no real reason. Don't let your brain trick you!
Our mission is to help our members achieve their self care goals by building powerful tools.